Goal… everyone uses the word, but what does a goal really come down to?
At least once in your life you’ve used the term “goal.” You’ve heard people say they’ve “accomplished their goals!” But really, what is a goal? The definition of a goal is simple: the object of a person’s ambition or effort; an aim or desired result. So basically, we know a goal is a desire/dream we set for ourselves, for our business, for our family, for our relationships… really any aspect of life can have goals. But here’s the thing – whether it be a day to day goal, a next month achievement, a year long goal, or a life goal… just HAVING a goal is hugely beneficial for us mentally. It is a part of the process to live a fuller LIFE.
Does setting a goal really benefit us?
In a word… COMPLETELY. Setting a goal is the first step on a journey you’ve been wanting to take. We have all said “one day” and “maybe” about things we need or WANT to do. Well, now’s the time! There is no better day than today, so tell yourself “let’s do this!” Having a goal gives you something to focus on, which in turn means success!
Create a goal and actually follow through on achieving it:
- Think it, say it, write it, commit to it.
- Focus your energy on achieving one goal at a time, you’ll be surprised at how easy and fast that ONE goal will be achieved.
- By setting and achieving goals, the sayings “one day” and “maybe” will slowly leave your vocabulary.
- Write down your goals… take small steps, start on a daily goal, move up to monthly, then yearly and finally write down those life goals.
- Tell someone about your goal(s), this will hold you accountable and you’ll be more likely to complete them.
- Set a deadline for your goal, be realistic!
- Be nice to yourself, if you need more time to complete a goal, that’s okay. If your goals change, great! As humans, we are constantly changing, so our goals are bound to as well. Just remember as long as you’re working towards something you desire, the journey will affect your life positively.
You go girl, you goal achiever you!!!
Obviously when we are more productive on the daily, we feel happier and healthier. When you accomplish a goal that you’ve set for yourself, you feel ecstatic, you give yourself props and basically think to yourself (or out loud – we don’t judge) “Dang I’m awesome, I need to keep this up!” That right there is why goal setting is so important – it sends those positive vibes through you and out into the world, you repeat the process (because duh, who doesn’t want to feel happier!), which in turn causes you to be more successful!! When goals are completed, it gives us a confidence boost and allows life to be lived to it’s fullest. Believe in yourself — the goals you have are endless and we know you can conquer them all!
Now go set a goal… to set some goals!
The PINK IRON team
Article contributed by: Brittany Miller & Laura Owen
Brittany joins the Pink Iron team as a recent ‘transplant’ to Utah. She is a California native, and is grateful the weather is starting to warm up in Utah because she was really starting to miss the beach. In addition to having an amazing daughter and husband, Brittany works at Pink Iron as our Front of House staff and primary blog writer. We are so grateful to have this kick-butt lady on the team! || Laura loves being the owner of Pink Iron, and is beyond excited to have the PI team start strong in Utah. With a goal of making Pink Iron a household name, she strives every day to make the lives of every woman around her the best they can be. A husband and twin daughters motivate Laura to empower others to achieve their dreams DAILY.